Antwerp Pride and Het Roze Huis are co-organizing ‘Human Rights Friday’, to commemorate the Stonewall Riots and to remind ourselves that pride isn't just about parades and parties.
No boring lectures, but free culturally artistic events, powered by the Queer Arts Festival. Here's a taste of what you can expect:
- Neal Leemput and Danny de Jong bring you “Me, Myself and Marsha”. A performance/lecture/happening that celebrates “everything queer”.
- London’s a cappella LGBT+ choir, ‘The Fourth Choir’ is set to perform at the Queer Arts Festival and will spoil us with a free preview at De Studio.
- ‘Love is Love’ is a program of words and music by LGBT+ artists to mark the 50th anniversary of the Stonewall Riots by celebrating the Warriors throughout history who fought for the right to love.
TALKS AND LECTURES:
- Fleur Pierets (author, activist and artist)
- Lieven Debrauwer (producer of theater play F!ERCE)
- David Pollard (who will speak about LGBTQ issues in the workplace)
- Arnout Van Kimpen (who addresses LGBTQ human rights issues in a creative and fashionable way)
More info via: https://antwerppride.eu/events/human-rights-friday/#more-3455